We love artists at CONvergence, and there are several ways for artists to get involved! Submit your art to the CONvergence Art Show, apply for a table in Artists Alley, or create art for official CONvergence publications!
Art Show & Auction
Here is some basic information on the CONvergence Art Show:
- Display Space: There is hanging space on grid-wall panels, as well as table space for pieces that do not hang very well. Floor space can also be made available by special request. Display space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Art does not have to be for sale to be displayed, but it is encouraged.
- Auction Format: The Art Show silent auction runs from the opening of Art Show on the Thursday of the convention to Saturday Evening. Bidding closes when a piece has four bids and the piece is sold at the Art Auction on Saturday night. Any item with between one and three bids at the close of the Art Show on Saturday is considered sold in the silent auction.
- Quick Sale: On Friday and Saturday, members may buy pieces with no bids on them at the Quick Sale price. This is a Buy-It-Now that short circuits the bidding process and sells the item at that point.
- Sunday Sale: Any pieces that are not sold prior to Sunday can optionally be available for sale at a fixed price.
- Print Shop: Any type of artwork may be sold in the CONvergence Art Show Print Shop. Print Shop space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. You will need to provide your own display rack if you wish to have one.
- Mail-In: We do accept artwork mailed in from artists who are unable to bring it to us in person, such as artists from out of state.
Submissions for the 2017 CONvergence Art Show are now open. Below you will find links to the guidelines, as well as the forms that you will need to fill out when submitting art. The forms are available in PDF and Microsoft Word formats. There is also the option to submit the information online.
Please note that completing these forms is necessary to reserve space in the show. We need to know who you are, and what you are bringing. Having this information ahead of time allows us to be prepared for the arrival of your artwork. Otherwise you will have to wait for the data entry to be done before you can receive the bid tags to hang with your artwork. Payment of fees does not reserve space.
|Guidelines||Web Page||Word Doc|
|Artist Information Form||Online Form||Word Doc|
|Display Art Control Form||Online Form||Word Doc|
|Print Shop Control Form||Online Form||Word Doc|
|Zip File of All Documents||Word Doc|
As of the 2015 convention, all bids are now “Tax Included”. The taxes will be paid from the commission collected by the art show. And due to this change, the commissions were increased to 15% for Display Art and 20% for Print Shop.
Please contact Art Show if you have any questions or comments.
CONvergence Artists Alley is reserved for graphic artists offering commissioned art created on-demand or graphic art that they have produced for sale, such as prints or comic books. Related merchandise featuring the artist’s graphic work such as T-shirts, stickers, and buttons may also be offered. No jewelry, scarves, or stuffed animals may be sold in Artists Alley. Please contact Artists Alley if you have any questions.
Click here for the form to apply for CONvergence 2017 Artists Alley.
The deadline to apply for CONvergence 2017 Artists Alley is March 15, 2017. Artists intending to share space should submit one application jointly
- Artists or their table helpers need to be available during Artists Alley hours.
- Table size will be available closer to the convention.
- There will be 2 chairs at each table with extra chairs available upon advance request.
- All artists must send or bring in the MN ST19 Sales Tax form before setting up their table.
- CONvergence reserves the right to determine whether material is appropriate to be displayed in Artists Alley.
- Any adult-oriented art MUST be kept out of general view.
Due to overwhelming demand, we unfortunately cannot offer space to every artist who applies for CONvergence Artists Alley. We strive to have a diverse mix of styles, mediums and subjects. Artists will be selected based upon achieving this mix. Having exhibited in CONvergence Artist Alley in the past does not guarantee an artist a table.
You will need to be a paid attendee of CONvergence to be part of Artists Alley – there are no day passes available. To register, visit the Registration Page.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until Artists Alley is full or the deadline, whichever comes sooner. The first round of accepted artists will be notified by January 10, 2017 and must be registered by January 31, 2017. Artists not registered by this date will have their table released and will be added to the end of the Wait List and the next Artist on the Wait List will be chosen. This process will repeat at the end of each month until the Alley is full or the deadline is reached.
Submit to Publications
We are always happy to receive artwork submissions for our official CONvergence publications! To be considered for print:
- Artwork should be family friendly – “PG” content only, no “R” rated or adult content.
- Artwork is NOT required to feature Connie. There is a whole cast of CONvergence characters to choose from!
- We are especially interested in artwork that ties in to our annual convention theme.
- We prefer artwork that does something clever in its presentation beyond simply being portraiture, or being of the “clip art” variety featuring spaceships and dragons.
CONvergence does NOT pay for artwork, but if we use your art we will credit you as the artist appropriately. DO NOT send original artwork to CONvergence. Contact CONvergence Publications about sending a scan or digital art file.