Anyone can report harassment. This page is an overview of ways in which you can report prejudiced or unwelcome behavior against you, against others, or someone behaving inappropriately (such as violating hotel or convention policies).
You have several options for reporting harassment during the convention.
- Go to a Safe Space or to The Bridge.
- Text CONvergence Operations at 651.800.1677 (651 800 1 OPS) and we will come to you.
- Find a Wandering Host (in a purple smock) or any CONvergence volunteer with a radio and ask for help.
Do not feel that it is necessary to craft a complete narrative in order to be heard. It is understood that details of stressful situations can become murky and our procedures take this into account. Report situations to the best of your ability and feel free to provide supplemental reports if needed.
If possible, we ask that you try to provide a name, badge name, badge number, and/or physical description of the person(s) involved to assist with subsequent investigation and follow up.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Physical assault and/or battery
- Offensive verbal comments
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome physical attention
- Non-consensual photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of panels, signings, or other events
Particularly in relation to identity attributes, including but not limited to:
- National Origin
- Gender Identity
- Gender Presentation
- Sexual Orientation
- Body Size
Click here to view CONvergence’s Harassment Policy.