Industry professionals or other qualified experts who present their credentials to CONvergence may be extended an invitation to be a CONvergence Invited Participant.
Invited Participants at CONvergence are qualified individuals (industry professionals such as writers, artists, performers, scientists, or those with other specialized knowledge and experience) who present their credentials to CONvergence’s Invited Participants department and who are then extended an invitation to the convention. An Invited Participant is expected to hold credentials or expertise that will be of interest to the CONvergence community and enhance the experience of CONvergence’s members through their participation in CONvergence programming. This may include panels, Connie’s Quantum Sandbox activities, or other events negotiated with the convention. All Invited Participants are expected to be willing to participate in a minimum of three panels or other scheduled events during the course of the convention.
Invited Participants are listed on the Also Appearing page of the CONvergence website and have their name listed in the CONvergence programming guide for the year of their CONvergence appearance. Invited Participants are also welcome to publish PDF press releases regarding their current work and their CONvergence appearance on CONvergence’s website.
Becoming an Invited Participant
Click here to apply for Invited Participant status. The CONvergence 2018 Invited Participant application will be open from January 2, 2018 to February 15, 2018.
- Each individual who wishes to be a CONvergence Invited Participant must submit an application each year that they wish to be considered.
- An Invited Participant may choose to purchase a CONvergence membership or may request a complimentary membership to the convention.
- Complimentary memberships are offered at the discretion of the Invited Participants department, with the approval of the division director, and are approved for one year only.
- An Invited Participant who receives a complimentary membership one year will not automatically receive one in subsequent years; a new application must be submitted, approved, and invitation issued each year.
- An individual is considered an Invited Participant only after they have submitted an application AND been issued an invitation by the convention.
There are a limited number of Invited Participant slots and complimentary memberships available each year, so unfortunately the convention cannot extend an invitation to everyone who applies. Invited Participants are selected based on the needs of the convention in any given year, so even if you don’t receive an invite one year, don’t let that discourage you from applying in the future!
For more information on Invited Participants, please see the CONvergence Guests & Invited Participants policy.
Please contact the Invited Participants department if you have any questions about Invited Participants at CONvergence.