What is Connie’s Quantum Sandbox?
Connie’s Quantum Sandbox is the CONvergence activity room! Born of the merger between the former Art and Science rooms, Connie’s Quantum Sandbox is the CONvergence destination for all those wanting to get their hands dirty doing some art, some science, or a little of both! With an emphasis on activities (hands-on, interactive events) over panels (discussions), the Sandbox seeks to engage con-goers of all ages in fun and exciting experiences that will enrich CONvergence (and hopefully be a little fun, and maybe just a little dangerous, too). If you’re curious, stop on by!
Where is Connie’s Quantum Sandbox located?
We can be found in Plaza 3, North Tower, 1st floor – between Theatre Nippon and Cinema Rex.
When is Connie’s Quantum Sandbox open?
Thursday: 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
What is the best way to contact Connie’s Quantum Sandbox?
Through the contact form.
Does Connie’s Quantum Sandbox provide Childcare? Can I leave my children at the Sandbox?
No, and No. Connie’s Quantum Sandbox is not a good place to leave unattended children. There are crafting and science items that can be harmful if used improperly. You are welcome to bring your children to the Sandbox, and have a good time with them, but please attend to them while you are there.
What are the rules in Connie’s Quantum Sandbox?
- Do not leave your young (under 10) children unattended. If you do, you may find your child has been escorted to the Bridge, to wait for the pesky Lost Adult. The Sandbox is NOT a safe place for small, unattended children.
- If you are attending a science activity, NEVER put any of the activity materials in your mouth, eyes, ears, etc. You may not know what they are (even if you think you do), and you never know where they have been. If you are concerned about skin contact with any items, please talk to a department head or volunteer about your concerns.
- Do not abuse the Sandbox staff. We think very highly of and appreciate our volunteers. They are necessary for the Sandbox to run effectively and for everyone to have a fun experience.
- Wait your turn. Lines may be long, especially during the more hands-on panels. We will get to you as soon as we can. Arrive early for a great spot in line!
- Respect others and their property. This includes the property of the Sandbox staff. Many of us bring our own materials to run our panels, and we would not appreciate someone stealing or destroying them. If you are interested in materials we have, we may be able to direct you as to where you can go to get your own! Horseplay during science activities can be hazardous to your health or the health of another person in the room.
If you choose not to follow the rules we have addressed here, one of the Sandbox Co-heads or Sub-heads can and will ask you to leave and not return (at least for the rest of the day.)
Can I work on my costume in Connie’s Quantum Sandbox?
No. Please understand — most of our items are supplied by donation. We are not equipped to handle the demand of full costume construction. We may be able to help you with an idea, but not with supplies and construction. If you have a wardrobe malfunction, you are welcome to come ask us if we have the tools/ability to help you repair your costume.
Do you need anyone with special talents or equipment?
Yes! We are always looking for people to help make Connie’s Quantum Sandbox more exciting and fun! If you have a skill-set that you think we fit in the Sandbox, please contact us.
Do you need volunteers?
Yes! We love, cherish, and worship our volunteers! Volunteers may be asked to help pass out supplies during panels, help con-goers with their projects, run hot glue gun stations, help with crowd control, and help tidy things up so we can work efficiently! If you would like to volunteer at Connie’s Quantum Sandbox, please contact us. Thank you!
How do I donate materials to Connie’s Quantum Sandbox?
If you have materials that you think Connie’s Quantum Sandbox can use, please contact us.
I have a Panel Idea. How can I make this happen?
Panel Ideas! Yummy, yummy ideas! If you have an idea for a panel, please contact us. Please include details of your idea, contact information, and if you would be interested in helping us run the panel, or working on it in any way.