Here is a summary of what was discussed at the Convergence Events Open Meeting on April 19, 2015. Convergence Events open meetings are held quarterly and are open to the entire membership.
Introduction of the Board of Directors
CONvergence 2015 board of directors:
- Liz Hernandez – Chief Administration Officer, Director of Administration
- Amy Mills – Chief Productions Officer, Director of Productions
- Margaret Eastman – Chief Activities Officer, Director of Activities
- Thomas Keely – Chief Financial Officer, Director of Systems
- Matt Resong – Public Affairs Officer, Director of Data Transmissions
- Ishmael Williams – Chief Operations Officer, Director of Hospitality and Member Experience
There are two “CONvergence” Websites:
- www.CONvergence-con.org is the website for the annual CONvergence event itself. Go here to find out any information or news related to attending CONvergence.
- www.ConvergenceEvents.org is the website for Convergence Events, CONvergence’s parent organization. Go here to find administrative and procedural information related to planning CONvergence and the operation of Convergence Events.
A brief overview on voting in Convergence Events elections.
- Attendance at at least two meetings is required to vote. Remember to sign in at Convergence Events open meetings like this one.
- Convergence Events open meetings are held quarterly. This is the third Convergence Events open meeting of the convention cycle; the fourth is held during CONvergence.
- The time and location of the next Convergence Events open meeting will be in the CONvergence 2015 schedule and the printed programming guide.
- For more information on Convergence Events elections and voting rights, visit: www.ConvergenceEvents.org/about
Becoming a Volunteer
There was a volunteer recruitment session April 19, 2015, at 2:00pm. There will be another volunteer recruitment session on Saturday May 16, at 2:00pm.
Volunteer opportunities are always available on the CONvergence website. See the Volunteer Positions page for a full listing of available volunteer positions. Come to CONvergence volunteer recruitment sessions to ask questions, talk to representatives from departments and sign up on-the-spot to be a CONvergence volunteer!
Open Q & A
When will the finalized panel schedule be available?
The finalized panel schedule is generally available online in May or Early June.
When is the deadline for CONvergence 2015 panel submission & sign-up?
The deadlines are already passed. They were March 1st and March 31, 2015.
What are examples of dystopia applicable to CONvergence 2015? The topic is so vast; what’s the difference between dystopia and apocalypse?
How do YOU feel about it? CONvergence themes are generally broad and intentionally open to interpretation.
Will there be other location changes for CONvergence 2015?
The Bridge and Nerfherders Line Management will be in Nine Mile Grill, Registration & Badge Pick-up will be in Verandas 2, 3 and 4 (overlooking the pool), and Teen Room will be in a new location. There will be a map available both online and at the convention so you will have no trouble finding anything.
Is anything scheduled for the Sheraton?
There will be no events held at the Sheraton across the street during CONvergence 2015 due to construction.
How will the shuttles be improved for CONvergence 2015?
We are working on having more free shuttles, and stops at more hotels.
What are the current CONvergence 2015 registration numbers?
Right now there are 4,000 pre-registered members for CONvergence 2015. We are estimating a total of about 7,000 members for CONvergence 2015 based on a 6% increase in pre-registrations from this time last year.
Will early Badge Pick-Up be available for CONvergence 2015?
Badge Pick-Up will officially open Wednesday, July 1, 2015 from 9:00am – 6:00pm, close for a dinner break, and open again 9:00pm – 11:59pm.
Additional Questions & Concerns
Questions or concerns for the CONvergence 2015 board of directors can be submitted to [email protected] throughout the year.
You can also contact the CONvergence board of directors, as well as any other CONvergence departments, using the Contact Us form.