As in recent years, CONvergence members may begin hanging posters around the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel at 6:00pm on Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014.
DO NOT Hang Posters:
- In the center of the escalator
- In the elevators
- On elevator doors or frames
- On First Floor lobby walls
- In the hotel restaurant
- On the hotel light fixtures
- In hotel entryways
- On room doors
- On door frames
DO Hang Posters:
- Virtually anywhere around pool-side/garden court/cabanas
- On the walls in the North tower plaza
- On the walls outside elevators (except in the main hotel lobby)
- On the walls in the public restrooms
- On the walls in CONvergence Central
- On the pillars in CONvergence Central
- On the walls connecting the North and South tower on the second floor
If you are unsure whether you should hang your poster in a particular location, please find a CONvergence volunteer or stop by The Bridge and ask!
Remember to use the One True Tape! Anything affixed to the wall or other surfaces at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel MUST be secured with 3M Safe-Release Painter’s Tape, product #2080.
Any posters found to be secured using other kinds of tape will be taken down without notice. 3M Safe-Release Painter’s Tape can be found at most hardware stores. If you run out of tape during the convention, stop by The Bridge – they may have some available.
We do not have currently have any signage guidelines from the Sheraton Bloomington or the Crowne Plaza hotels, but please respect the wishes of the hotels’ staff with regard to hanging anything up.